– When: Saturday, September 19, 2015
– Where: Along County Road 96
– Who: The Colorado Prairie Initiative, a small nonprofit dedicated to restoring the prairie ecosystems of eastern Colorado.
– What: Cleaning up the Pawnee National Grasslands. Recreational target shooting is one of the most popular activities on the Pawnee. Unfortunately not everyone follows the rules and regulations, and end up leaving behind a lot of trash. CPI is recruiting volunteers to help clean up the area and allow the plants and wildlife to reclaim the area.
– How: After signing up, we will send you volunteer materials, including an information sheet, reimbursement policies, and the appropriate waivers.
– Misc: CPI will provide clean up supplies including buckets, trash bags, gloves, and protective vests, as well as some water and first aid essentials. Finally, there will be a prize for whoever picks up the weirdest item!
To sign up please click here.